Donut is quite a popular sweet snack in several countries in the world. Whenever we think of eating a delicious dessert donut is the first name to come up in our minds. Most of the bakeries sell this item but it can be made at home easily too. The custard filled donut recipe is a must to try at home.
The filling of a donut can bring variations in taste and the custard filled donut name comes to our minds first when we talk about deliciousness.
Are you searching with the title of ‘custard doughnut recipe South Africa‘ or any other country? If so then follow the recipe I am going to present here because you can apply it no matter in which country you are living.
Main Recipe Process
Recipe Title: Custard-filled Donut
You will find any Krispy Kreme donut cream filling recipe that includes a chocolate layer. But in this article, I am going to introduce a white cream filling for donuts recipe to you.
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Can be served to 20 people
Calories: 242 calories per donut
Ingredients for Custard Filled Donut Recipe
For making dough
- Whole milk 100g.
- Fresh yeast 30g or 1 tablespoon of dry active yeast.
- Caster sugar 80g.
- Plain flour 500g.
- Unsalted butter.
- A pinch of salt.
- 4 large-sized eggs.
- Vegetable or sunflower oil 1.5 kg.
For custard filling
- Whole milk 250g.
- Caster sugar 65g.
- Plain flour 40g.
- Vanilla bean paste 1 tablespoon.
- Egg yolks 3 pieces.
- Thick cream 100g.
- Mixing bowls.
- A large plate.
- A small bowl.
- Piping bag and nozzle.
- Take milk, yeast, and sugar in a mixing bowl to heat them for 2 minutes.
- After heating for 2 minutes, add flour, butter, eggs, salt, and knead them for 2 minutes.
- Your dough is ready but you need to keep it covered for 1-2 hours so that it can get double in size.
- Now for making the custard filling take the vanilla bean paste, milk, egg yolks, and flour in a mixing bowl. Cook them together for 9 minutes and then shift the mixture to a large plate. Cover the mixture and let it cool.
- Again take the mixing bowl and whisk the thick double cream into it for 20-40 seconds. Keep the whisked cream in a small bowl.
- Now mix the custard mixture and whipped cream and whisk for 10 seconds until it becomes fluffy. Then pour the fluffy mixture into a piping bag with a nozzle and keep it in the refrigerator.
- Uncover the dough and divide it into equal little pieces measuring 50g. Again, keep the little pieces covered for 30 minutes to become double.
- In a fryer take oil and heat and put 2 donuts at a time. Cover it with a lid for 2 minutes and then flip the sides and fry. Remove them from the oil with a spoon and follow this for every donut.
- Fill the donuts with the custard filling by making a small hole in them. Lastly, serve on a large plate by decorating with caster sugar.
Tips for Making Custard-filled Donut
- After kneading the dough must keep it covered so that it can rise.
- Make sure the donuts are equally fried in the deep fryer.
- Follow all the steps carefully to make the donuts perfectly.
Faq on Custard Filled Donut Recipe
What is a custard-filled donut called?
A donut that is filled with any flavored filling is called a filled bar or a filled bar donut. Moreover, custard-filled or donuts with other fillings have different names in different countries.
What is custard filling made of?
To make a custard filling for donuts many ingredients can be used according to your preferences. Whole milk, eggs, or egg yolks, cheese or cream, flour are must to make a custard filling.
What is the difference between Bavarian cream and Boston cream?
There are some differences between Bavarian cream and Boston which I am going to mention now. Bavarian creams are made with whipped and heavy cream whereas Boston creams include eggs and milk in the making. Boston creams are mostly served with chocolate topping but Bavarian creams are served with fruit sauces or sugar.
How long do custard-filled donuts last?
Custard-filled donuts which include cream like in the above-mentioned recipe last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
An amazing custard-filled donut recipe is in your hand now so don’t be late in trying this at home. A custard donut Krispy Kreme includes chocolate topping but here I have shown vanilla-flavored filling with sugar topping. You can add chocolate to the recipe if you prefer.
It will no longer be a problem for you to make a custard-filled donut at home if you follow this recipe appropriately. So before collecting all the ingredients readout the above recipe and then step forward accordingly.
Must our article on easiest Meatball Sauces Recipe by clicking here.