Brownies are the literal definition of yum! Now, while baking your brownies at home, you may face some random confusion or baking queries. Today we plan to give a solution to one of those asked questions.
We bake brownies on a flat baking pan mostly known as sheet pan. A rectangular sheet pan is found typically in three sizes- full sheet pans, half sheet pans, and quarter sheet pans. Now, our question comes, how many boxes of brownie mix for a sheet pan?
Mostly I use 2 boxes of brownie mixes in one full sheet pan. However, it can differ from the sizes of the sheet pan and the instructions written in the brownie box. So, to get a detailed view, let’s get into it!
How Many Boxes of Brownie Mix For A Sheet Pan
Mostly, three types of sheet pans are used to bake brownies. Those sizes are-
- 8″ x 8″
- 9″ x 9″
- 9″ x 13″
Most of the brownie recipes behind the box, it’s written to use these sheet pans. Sometimes you may notice a round-shaped baking sheet too, but to use that you must experiment on what amount will bring out the best result.
Therefore, here comes the table to understand how many boxes of brownie mix for a sheet pan-
|Sheet Pan Dimension||Boxes of Brownies|
|8″ x 8″||1 box|
|9″ x 9″||1 box|
|9″ x 13″||2 boxes|
So, we can conclude that in the brownie mix box, it’s written that 1 box of brownie mix will be perfect for an 8″ x 8″ sheet pan. Here, 9″ x 13″ is double of 8″ x 8″ sheet pan, so logically you will have to use 2 brownie mix boxes for 9″ x 13″ sheet pan in double batches.
Now, let’s understand the three types of sheet pans.
How Many Boxes of Brownie Mix for a Full Sheet Pan
A full-sheet pan is most likely 26″ x 18″ inches, which is way too big. To make brownies in this large sheet pan, you will need approximately 4 boxes of brownie mix boxes. No less than 4 boxes, for sure.
How Many Boxes of Brownie Mix for a Half Sheet Pan
It’s exactly the half size of the full sheet pan, 18″ x 13″. So, with calculation, you will need half the amount of brownie mix boxes than the full sheet pan. Therefore, 2 boxes of brownie mix will be perfect for a half-sheet pan.
How Many Boxes of Brownie Mix for a Quarter Sheet Pan
Lastly, quarter sheet pans are 9″ x 13″ sizes. This is the most appropriate size of sheet pan recommended to bake your brownies. And for this sheet pan, I use 2 boxes of brownie mixes. It makes thick and delicious brownies!
How to Make Brownies At Home?
First I want to mention that I use a 9″ x 13″ baking sheet pan, so I will be using 2 boxes of Duncan Hines Family Size Brownie Mix Boxes.
- 2 boxes of brownie mix(Duncan Hines Family Size Brownie Mix)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cubes of Butter(Melted)
- 2 Cups Sweet Chocolate Chips(You can use semi-sweet chips too)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2/3 Butter
- 2 tablespoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar
- Salt as taste
- Take the 2 packets of brownie mix and add 4 room-temperature eggs, a cup of butter, chocolate chips, and water. Give it a good whisk in a large mixing bowl. Mix until all the ingredients are smoothly incorporated.
- Now, on a 9″ x 13″ sheet pan spread all the mix and with a spatula smoothen out the top.
- Slide your brownie pan into the oven at 325° temperature for 40 minutes.
- Now, after the timer goes off with a toothpick, poke at the center of the pan and see if the toothpick comes out clean. If it comes clean, then it’s a sign that your brownie is done.
- Don’t rush over cutting it just after it comes out. Let it cool for at least 1 hour and then cut it into cubes.
- Now, grab all the ingredients for glazing and throw them in the saucepan and whisk it well.
- After your glazing is done, pour the glaze all over the brownie pieces and make sure each brownie is drowned in the glaze!
- Now, here comes a reminder, brownie tastes best when it’s completely cool. Plus, when the brownie is cold, the glaze will be able to hold the brownie shape well! Time to sin now!
We are almost at the end of this article. However, if you want you can one of my previous article on – How long should you bake a sheet cake?
That’s all for today. I hope the confusion you all had about the different sheet pan sizes for baking brownies is gone! Even if you have a peculiar size sheet pan, just calculate the above-given dimension and boxes, and you will get the answer. Good luck!