You may be familiar with thousands of restaurants but can you tell me how many of them just become a brand like McDonald’s and Starbucks? Not more than so many to count. But Popeyes must be one you love to count on the list, right? It’s become a cause of depression for so many people no to get Popeyes fried Chicken sandwiches right beside their place. If you are one of them, I have good news for you.
You can now prepare a copycat Popeyes Chicken at home. And you only need some common ingredients, must be at your home right now and not a single uncommon and pricey one. It will be super crispy outside and juicy and tender inside. I am so here to share the Popeyes chicken sandwich recipe with the Popeyes secret sauce. Hopefully, you don’t have to long for it anymore.
Ingredients for Popeyes Fried Chicken Sandwiches
• 4 chicken breasts
• 200 ml buttermilk
• Pinch of salt
• Half teaspoon of paprika
• Half teaspoon of crushed black paper
• Half teaspoon of chicken powder
• 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic powder
• Half teaspoon of sizzling spices of your choice
• 2 cups of flour
• Half cup of corn starch
• 3-4 cups edible oil for frying
• 8 brioche buns
• 4 tablespoon button
• Popeyes spicy sauce
• Sliced pickle
1. First, take a mixing bowl and pour the buttermilk. Add salt, black paper, sizzling, and paprika with the buttermilk and make a mixture.
2. Wash the chicken breast properly. Use a kitchen towel to absorb the water from it.
3. Cut each of the breast pieces into two horizontally. Make sure they are thin, flat, and the same size. So, you have got 8 pieces now.
4. Marinate these chickens in the buttermilk mixture and keep them aside for 1 to 3 hours.
5. After marination, keep a flat tray or plate and add flour, corn starch, ginger and garlic powder, paprika, black paper, chicken powder, and salt. Mix it properly.
6. Now, use a fork to coat each of the chicken slices into the flour mixture properly. Make sure that all the outer parts of the chicken pieces have got a flour coating.
7. It’s time for frying. Hit a skillet and pour oil. You have to hit it until it got 350°F. When it reaches the temperature, you have to put the chicken fillets into the oil. Be careful and not get burned with the hot oil.
8. Don’t fry all the pieces at once. Fry 2 or 3 pieces at a time. Keep the flame in medium heat. Wait until the chicken fillet turns golden.
9. It will need 3 to 5 minutes on each side of a chicken. Take them on an oil-absorbing paper and do the rest.
10. It’s time, you have to toast the buns. Use a frypan and take 1 tablespoon of butter. Tost the inner side of the buns and make them crispy and golden. Deal with the other buns as well.
11. On the bun, put 1 teaspoon of secret sauce (recipe is given right below), a few slices of pickles, and finally the chicken fry. Use 1 more teaspoon of secret sauce and cover it with another half of the bun.
Enjoy the copycat Popeyes fried chicken sandwich
Also Learn – French Dip Sandwich Recipes
Ingredients of Popeyes Secret Spicy Mayo Sauce
• 1/2 cup of mayo
• 1 teaspoon of hot sauce,
• 1 teaspoon of paprika or taco seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Keep a large or medium-sized mixing bowl. Pour all the ingredients one by one into the bowl. Make sure that you are following the measurements of the ingredients properly. Use a hand whisk to mix all the ingredients smoothly. You will need to whisk 30 seconds to 1 minute continuously to make a thick and smooth sauce. That’s what you will need to make a Popeyes fried chicken sandwich.
I found some of the people have a few common questions about Popeyes fried Chicken sandwich. And I collected them all with answers to help you deal with these issues.
What makes Popeyes Chicken sandwich so good?
Yes, Popeyes Chicken sandwich is so good in taste. It’s because of the special chicken fillet that is super crispy on the outer side and moist and juicy inside. Besides, their secret spicy sauce got a nice combination with the chicken fry. As the bun is toasted golden in butter, it adds texture and gives it a next-level Taste.
Is Popeyes Chicken sandwich better than Chick Fil A’s?
For most of the customers, Popeyes Chicken fry is far better than Chick Fil A’s. It’s mainly because of the smooth spicy mayonnaise and the crispy chicken fry. Also, it is more affordable too.
Can I store chicken fillets in the refrigerator for a week?
Yes, you can store the chicken after coating it on flour. But you have to keep it spread on a tray. Make sure one is not touching another one. Then freeze it till it gets hard. Then keep them in a container for 2 to 3 weeks.
So, from now on, you don’t have to go so far to get Popeyes fried chicken sandwiches as you can make them easily at home. Share a picture of the result of your effort. It will inspire us a lot. Also, write us about what should be the next recipe you want us to cover. Plus, hit the like button and subscribe to get yummy and healthy recipes in the easiest version. Thank you for supporting us.