Top Ten Chinese dishes You Must Try
China is well-known for various things including natural terrain, historical monuments, and food. Whether you are Chinese or planning to visit the country you should have proper knowledge about the places and food. Or rather, you can be normally interested in Chinese places or foods.
To help you out with the segment of Chinese food I am presenting the top ten Chinese dishes in this article. You will get to know the names, why they are famous, and most importantly about the recipes. So read out the article attentively to enrich your kitchen with Chinese food items.
Top ten Chinese Dishes
Let’s not waste any time and know about the ten best Chinese dishes to order in this segment. What makes it more interesting is that you will get to know the recipes as well.
Dumpling is not only popular in the Chinese food list but also made its strong place in the whole Indian continent. Time to know about this popular Chinese dish recipe.
Name of Recipe: Chinese Pork Dumpling
1. Soy sauce
2. Ground pork
3. Seasoned rice vinegar
4. Sesame seeds & oil
5. Chile garlic sauce
6. Minced garlic
7. Beaten egg
8. Minced ginger
9. Vegetable oil
11. Dumpling wrapper
1. Prepare a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, chives, sesame seeds, and chile sauce and keep it aside.
2. Time to make the filling of the dumpling. Combine the pork, garlic, egg, sesame oil, chives, soy sauce, and ginger. Place a dumpling wrapper on a floured surface and put a spoon of the filling into each wrapper. Seal the edges together by adding a little water and making pleats.
3. Put the dumplings in a large skillet into the heated vegetable oil. Fry them until browned and then add some water. Cook for about 5 minutes and serve with the soy sauce mixture.
2. Chow Mein
Chow mein noodles are one of the most famous worldwide Chinese foods. The crispiness of the noodles is loved by most people. Let’s know about the easy recipe for this item.
Name of Recipe: Chinese Chow Mein
1. Oyster sauce
2. Soy sauce
3. Minced garlic
4. Grated ginger
9. Black pepper
11. Canola oil
1. Mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and sriracha in a small bowl. Boil the vegetables of your choice.
2. In a large skillet, heat some oil to cook the noodles. Stir continuously until the noodles become crispy and golden brown. Keep these cooked noodles aside.
3. In the same skillet, put some more oil and add the mushrooms and keep stirring until cooked well.
4. Put all the items including sauce, noodles, vegetables, mushrooms together now and mix them well. After all the things are combined appropriately, serve it immediately.
3. Kung Pao Chicken
It is a traditional Chinese cuisine loved by all for its spicy and sweet-sour taste. Let’s learn about an easy recipe for this item
Name of Recipe: Kung Pao Chicken
1. Soy sauce
2. Dark soy sauce
3. Corn starch
6. Dark vinegar
7. Red chilies
1. The core of this recipe is the kung pao sauce. Make the sauce using dark vinegar, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, water, sugar, and cornstarch.
2. Take a skillet and cook ginger and garlic with the heated oil in it. Add the red chilies and then the chicken, peanuts, and sauce into it. Cook until the chicken is fried well and serve.
4. Hot and Sour Soup
The spicy and sour taste combination in the soup made it extraordinary and popular. Have a look at the easy recipe of traditional Chinese hot and sour soup.
Name of Recipe: Hot and Sour Soup
1. Chicken broth
4. Soft tofu
5. Soy sauce
7. White pepper or black pepper
8. Beaten egg
9. Chili oil
1. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and stir. Then keep the mixture aside.
2. In a medium-sized pot boil the chicken broth with water, then add tofu and mushrooms and cook for some time. Add other ingredients like soy sauce, vinegar, pepper, and keep stirring. Then add the cornstarch mixture that will thicken the soup.
3. Turn off the heat and add the beaten egg into the soup. Take two chopsticks and stir the egg in a clockwise direction that will leave egg threads in the soup. Lastly, add the chili oil and serve as soon as possible.
5. Spring Rolls
Spring rolls are crispy, tasty, and easy to make and that’s why it is so popular in various countries. Here I am presenting an easy Chinese spring roll recipe.
Name of Recipe: Chinese Spring Roll
1. Thin strips of pork meat
2. Chopped cabbage
4. Oyster sauce
5. Sesame oil
9. White pepper
10. Spring roll wrappers
11. Lightly beaten egg
1. Firstly, you have to make the filling of the rolls. Heat a skillet and add pork meat to fry until it becomes whitish. Put the chopped cabbage into it and stir for some time.
2. Add all the seasoning ingredients and cook until the cabbage becomes dry. The wetness of the cabbage can hamper the crisp of the roll. Set the filling aside.
3. Now, put the roll wrappers one by one and add some fillings into them. Wrap the rolls in such a way that the fillings don’t come out. Lastly, deep fry the wrapped rolls and serve them quickly.
6. Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
This recipe is so easy and quick that it can be used as a time saver when you have guests in your house. Time to learn the quick recipe.
Name of Recipe: Chinese Tomato Egg
1. Large-sized eggs
2. Tomatoes cut in wedge shapes
4. Sesame oil
5. White pepper
6. Cooking oil
1. Take a bowl and beat the eggs with chopsticks and gradually add salt, sesame oil, white pepper to mix well.
2. Heat oil in a wok and add the egg mixture into it. Spread the eggs and keep stirring until you can break them into small lumps. After the eggs are cooked well, keep them aside.
3. Again heat some oil in the wok and add the tomato wedges, water, and sugar. Cover with lid and cook for a few seconds and then add the egg lumps. Stir for some time and then serve immediately.
7. Ma Po Tofu
It is a Szechuan Chinese recipe that made its place in the top ten Chinese food dishes.
Name of Recipe: Ma Po Tofu
1. Silken tofu
2. Ground pork
3. Sichuan spicy bean paste
4. Cooking oil
5. Chili oil
6. Chili powder
7. Soy sauce
8. Fermented black beans
10. Chopped garlic
1. Cut small pieces of tofu and cleanse out the water and keep aside.
2. Heat the cooking and chili oil in a wok and half fry the pork, bean paste, and garlic. Add some chili powder, blacks beans, soy sauce, and keep stirring until there is a fragrance.
3. Time to add in the tofus with some water and stir gently so that the tofus doesn’t break. Lower the heat and steam for a few minutes so the sauce can get thicker. Lastly, add the scallions and blend them well together.
8. Fried Rice
Fried rice is one of the best Chinese takeout dishes that got famous worldwide. Here is the easiest fried rice recipe below.
Name of Recipe: Chinese Fried Rice
1. Small pieces of Chinese lap Cheong sausage
2. Lightly beaten eggs
3. Mixed vegetables
4. Steamed rice
5. Soy sauce
6. Fish sauce
7. White or black pepper
8. Cooking oil
9. Minced garlic
10. Chicken breast
1. Heat some oil in a wok, add garlic and stir until an aroma comes out. Put the chicken, shrimp, and vegetables into it and cook until half cooked. Add the rice, soy sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, and mix all ingredients well for a few minutes.
2. Now make a place in the middle of the rice and pour the beaten eggs into it. Stir until the eggs convert into small lumps and mix them well with the rice.
9. Napa Cabbage Stir Fry
The recipes that include napa cabbage are famous in the traditional Chinese food menu. Here I will teach you an easy napa cabbage fry recipe.
Name of Recipe: Napa Cabbage Stir Fry
1. Chopped napa cabbage
3. Oyster sauce
4. Cooking oil
5. Minced garlic
1. Cook the garlic in heated oil in a wok until the environment becomes aromatic. Set aside half of the garlic.
2. In the remaining half of the wok, add the cabbage and mushrooms and cook. Add oyster sauce and mix it well with other ingredients. Serve out the dish with fried garlic topping.
10. Fried Meatballs
Fried meatballs are a delicious Chinese homey recipe anyone can make. So let’s learn the easy and quick recipe of this item.
Name of Recipe: Fried Meatballs
1. Ground pork
3. Diced onions
4. Fish paste and sauce
5. Five-spice powder
6. Cooking oil
8. White pepper
Now, check out the Meatball Sauce Recipe by clicking here.
1. Except for the oil, mix all other ingredients in a bowl and mash well.
2. Heat enough oil in a wok to deep fry the meatballs.
3. Put some oil in your hand and take some mixture to shape them into small balls. Then put the balls into the oil and deep fry all the sides equally. You can serve the meatballs with your preferred sauce.
Types of Chinese Food
Most of Chinese foods are famous worldwide from the ancient period. There are various types of Chinese food based in different places. The region-based cuisines are different in taste, look, and have their specialties. Let’s look into the list of different traditional cuisines of China.
What are the most popular Chinese takeout dishes?
There is a difference between the best Chinese dishes that can be made at home and the best takeout dishes. Hot pot, crab rangoon, dumplings, etc are popular Chinese takeout dishes.
What are the best Chinese dishes?
When it comes to the best Chinese dishes, dumplings come first on the list. Then there is chow mein, fried rice, kung pao chicken, and many more. You can check the above article written on this topic.
What is the best thing to order from the Chinese?
Chinese dim sums or dumplings and famous soups come first on the list. Most people order these items while remaining in China.
What is the most eaten food in China?
The most eaten food in China is rice and vegetables. In that sense, it can be said that fried rice can be considered the answer.
Along with Chinese food also check about the best korean food and Best Starbucks Drinks.
Chinese dishes have many categories and that’s why it’s a little bit tough to select the best one. If you want to try from the restaurants there will be a list and there will be a different list if you want to make the dishes at home. Considering all these factors I have presented a list of the top ten Chinese dishes.
Hopefully, this list will help you out in understanding Chinese foods. Each item is given with a recipe so you can easily make them at home as well.