Often, we have a lot of leftovers cooked turkey or chicken in our freezer. We cannot just cook anything with the turkey as they are already cooked and so, we cannot marinate them properly. Making sandwich topping is a good option I know. But making the same thing all the time is boring, right? Well, today, I’ll show you a way to make even more delicious with the leftover turkey. Well, I am talking about white turkey chili with cream cheese.
White turkey chili with cream cheese is a very nutritious meal and it is good for people of all ages. Even, preparing this meal is easy and you won’t need too many ingredients. You can also prepare it either on your slow cooker or on your stove. So, let’s see what you will need and how to make it.
White Turkey Chili with Cream Cheese Recipe
- Preparation time: 10 min
- Cooking time: 15 min
- Serving: 6
- Calories: 362 per serving.
- Type: Main course
Ingredients for White Turkey Chili with Cream Cheese Recipe
- Around 2 pounds of cooked or boiled turkey meat or chicken
- 3 cans cannellini beans or white beans
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 180 ml of creme cheese
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 or 5 cloves garlic minced finely
- Quart liter chicken stock or broth
- Around 2 oz canned chopped jalapeños or green chilies
- 2 tablespoons fresh and chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1. First, heat oil in a pot for a few seconds. Make sure to keep the stove over medium-high heat. Overthrow the chopped onion and sauté it until it gets softer. Now, you have to add the minced garlic and keep sauteing until fragrant.
2. At this point you have to pour the stock or broth on the pan. Add jalapenos, cilantro, cumin, and oregano. Wait until all the ingredients get boiled. Now, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. At this time, you have made all the cooked or boiled turkey shredded. Make sure that it doesn’t have any bone with it.
4. After 10 minutes of boiling the broth you have to add turkey. After that, you have to add the beans too. Now, simmer it for around 5 minutes.
5. At this point, you have to make a mixture. Take a bowl and add cornstarch with 1/4 cup of half and half. Still firmly and then add the cream cheese. Stir again and make a thick white mixture.
6. Now, you have to add the mixture to the broth with turkey and stir properly. After a few minutes, you have to take off the heat. You can now season it with salt and pepper to taste. You can also adjust the level of spices and heat as well.
Tips to Make White Turkey Chili with Cream Cheese
I can also share some essential tips to make your turkey chili tastier and easier. Follow the tips below.
• You can use evaporated milk instead of half and half.
• If your leftovers turkey was cooked with so many species, you can boil it for a while to remove extra spices.
• You can add dried chili flex and basil leaf to enrich the flavor.
• While adding the cream cheese mixture, you shouldn’t put all of it at once. Pour it with a little portion and stir and do the rest following the same way.
• You should serve it warm and you can serve it with chips, nachos, salads, or bread.
Q: How do I make my white chicken chili thicker?
A: Sometimes, many of you have a turkey chili with light and melted gravy sauce. That just kills the delicacy. It happens when you use less amount of cornstarch. It also happens when you use milk or water to mix the starch with the cream cheese. In this case, always use half and half or heavy cream. Unsweetened cream works the best. Still, if you get it not enough thicker, just add a mixture of one tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoon cream and stir. But remember, the more it will cold, the thicker it will. So, don’t panic if it is not very much thick on the stove. You can check Youtube for more information.
Q: What are the nutrition facts of this recipe?
A: White turkey chili with cream cheese is like a soup but incredibly tasty when you will have it warm with some side dishes. It is very nutritious and healthy too. It includes 326kcal calories, 14 grams of carbohydrates, 39 grams of protein, only 11 grams of fat, around 430 mg of sodium, approximately 600mg of potassium, and only 5 grams of sugar. Also, it is a great source of calcium, iron, vitamin A and C.
So, in the winter morning or in the summer night, you can warm yourself with a bowl of delicious white turkey chili with cream cheese. As the number of crabs is very lower, you can replace your main course with a bowl of this turkey meal as a low-carb solution. Hopefully, our efforts to provide you with a great recipe to use your leftovers turkey isn’t going in vain. Only then we will learn that when you share a picture of your turkey chili following this super easy recipe. I can bet, you will be a fan of it with your first spoon. Well, taking my leave now and suggesting another recipe on French dip sandwich. Thank you.