Who doesn’t love to enjoy soup at their snack or dinner table? It’s an ideal food to warm yourself in some cozy weather or winter. And when it is Charleston’s baked potato soup, the yummy and fresh taste will make you drool with one sip. I’m so excited to share Charleston’s potato soup recipe with you all so that you can get the savory taste of it in any cozy weather.
Charleston Potato Soup Recipe
Now I’ll directly discuss the recipe for the Charleston Potato Soup. Before we start let me remind you it’ll take 45 minutes to cook Charleston baked potato soup.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cans chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 tablespoon flour
- ➪ 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fat-free Half & Half
- 4 cups cubed potatoes with/without skins(bite-size)
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Green Onions
- Crisp Cooked Bacon Bits
Cookin Instruction for Charleston’s Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Let’s get into Charleston’s restaurant baked potato soup recipe process-
1. Take a large pan for the soup so it doesn’t overflow the pan while bubbling. Now, mix water, chicken broth, minced onions, parsley, and oregano. Boil this mixture for 5-7 minutes until you see it’s simmering.
2. Add the melted butter to the pan. Now flour time! Add the flour very slowly and continuously stir the mixture otherwise, it’ll be balled into a circle.
3. After pouring the flour, add salt and pepper. Now cook the mixture until it’s bubbly and spreads a lovely smell of the ingredients.
4. Potato time! Now, add the cube-cut potato to the pan. Now, use very low-medium heat because the potatoes need to boil and cook thoroughly. Stir occasionally, so it doesn’t burn. For your information, if you use high heat, the potato won’t be cooked, and the soup will burn.
5. Garnish time! Now, garnish each soup bowl with chopped green onion, crisp bacon, and cheddar cheese. And Viola!
Here goes the easiest Charleston potato soup recipe you can try at home.
What to serve with Charleston’s Potato Soup?
With Charleston’s baked soup recipe, you can serve 2 bowls of warm soup for 2 people! For 4 people, just double up the ingredients listed in this Charlestons potato soup recipe.
Nutrition Value of Charleston’s Baked Potato Soup
Now, time to know about Charleston’s baked potato soup calories and other nutritions in 1 bowl charleston’s baked potato soup-
- Calories – 178 cal
- Crabs – 21g
- Fat – 2g
- Protein – 14g
- Carbohydrate – 26g
- Cholesterol – 9mg
- Sodium – 274mg
As you can see, nutrition-wise, Charleston’s baked potato soup is not very healthy if you are on a weight-loss diet. This soup is high in sodium and fat, and relatively low in protein and fiber. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a thick bowl of happiness once in a while.
A suggestion for you – Oil-free corn chips go best with Charleston’s Baked Potato Soup. If you want you can also try the item. The cooking process is linked with the name
Charleston’s Potato Soup VS Colton’s Potato Soup Recipe
The only difference between the Charleston baked potato soup recipe VS Colton’s potato soup recipe is in nutritional value. Colton’s potato soup has a higher calorie level than Charleston’s which is 320 cal.
Also, Colton’s potato soup has a sodium level of 1310 mg per bowl which is almost double the Charleston.
Otherwise, To be honest, there is no significant difference between the Charleston baked potato soup recipe VS Colton’s potato soup recipe. Both soups are super thick, creamy, tasty, and drool-worthy. The recipe and nutrition are also almost similar.
Charlestons Soup Vs Skinnytaste Potato Soup Vs Denny’s Potato Soup
Skinnytaste baked Potato Soup has only 200 calories per bowl which are less than Charlstone’s baked potato soup. The fat content of Skinnytaste baked potato is also half. So, it will be a better option for you if you are on a weight-loss diet.
Also, unlike Charlstone’s baked potato soup, you need sour cream while preparing the Skinnytaste potato soup. When it comes to taste, you will get the same creamy, cheesy texture and flavor.
On the other hand, Denny’s loaded baked potato soup has a higher level of calories and fat content than Charleston’s baked potato Soup. And unlike Charleston’s, you have to use sour cream in this soup as well.
I am so glad to share this Charleston’s potato soup recipe with you all. I hope you all will enjoy this savory soup in the upcoming winter. Let me know how it tasted and if any questions come to your mind, feel free to ask! Goodbye, my lovelies, for today!